***These are made upon ordering***
The tried and true forge is just that: my simple work horse forge that I use for most of the tools and artwork you see on here. As well as my classes at NAIT (Northern Alberta Institute of Technology).
Blacksmiths propane fueled gas forge.
This website cannot calculate the shipping automatically on items over 60 lbs. This forge weighs 170 lbs. Please send me your city, province/state and postal or zip code for a precise shipping quote.
Fast, easily, efficient; it just works and works and works.
*****This site isn't able to calculate shipping on heavy items like this. Please call 780-468-1812 or email email@example.com with your city, province/state and postal or zip code for a precise shipping quote (or pick it up at my shop).
Local pick up is available for no charge at Front Step Forge in Edmonton, Canada
Whether you are a professional smith or a hobbyist: be ready to forge 5 minutes after you ignite this forge. no muss or fuss.
My forges easily reach forge welding heat and only consumes 4 lbs of propane per hour in order to do so. These are the same forges I use in my class room at NAIT in Edmonton as well as the same one I produce all the handforged items on this website. It’s a work horse and easily reconfigured for a wide variety of work.
- Double atmospheric burners
- 12 fire bricks rated for 2800 F
- The cylinders are 12" in diameter forge 0.188 or 0.25” steel thickness and approximately 17-18" long (exterior measurements). Finished approx Interior Is 8” diameter x 17” length
The forge is composed of 3 refractory layers.
- 1) Blanket insulation is fully encapsulated in 2) hard refractory mortar to prevent fibers from becoming airborne.
- 3) The floor is protected by dense refractory concrete that I cast and fire in place. The dense floor is resistant to forge welding flux and abrasion.
- Ready to go Complete with hose, gauged regulator and fittings ready to be connected to a propane tank and fired up
- Each cylinder has 2 feet on it so that it can sit on a non-flammable surface capable of handling high temperature. Tables with solid or grated tops often ideal choices and are sold separately, please contact Front Step Forge directly to order one.
I've added a picture of the thermocouple showing the internal temp of 1344 Celsius, that's 2450 Fahrenheit. That isn't as hot as its capable of but it is easily forge welding heat and near destruction of my thermometer (k type thermocouple).
The accompanying photos of the small anvil and cable Damascus knives were made in this forge.
You can see extensive galleries of my work at www.frontstepforge.com
Local pick up is available at Front Step Forge in Edmonton, Canada or order online here. Please phone 780-468-1812 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to figure out the best shipping options for your area.